The Friends organization is dedicated to securing resources that enhance SCPA’s creative environment and enable the development of each student’s artistic potential.
What is The Friends of SCPA?
The Friends of The School for Creative and Performing Arts, a non-profit 501 (c) 3, has been the financial backbone for the school’s artistic programs since its inception. The volunteer Board of Trustees includes members of the business and artistic community, parents and others who are committed to providing quality arts education to students. Resources secured by The Friends underwrite school productions and private lesson scholarships, provide needed equipment, finance additional artistic faculty, and support other artistic demands that make SCPA's education outstanding and unique. In it’s 37 years of existence, the Friends of SCPA has millions of dollars in financial support for the artistic programs at the School for Creative and Performing Arts.
The Friends of SCPA has provided financial and/or administrative support for the following:
- Corbett Quartet artist-in-residence program
- Vocal and instrumental music private lesson student scholarships
- Orchestral teaching assistant
- Vocal Music Department piano accompanist
- Box Office operations
- School store (The Shop) operations
- Theater Facility Manager
- Major musical and season productions underwriting
- Corbett-Mayerson awards
- Accounting and banking services for artistic departments
- Booking agent
- Coordination of the William J. Rielly student scholarships
- Flowers for senior graduates
- Annual Giving Campaign
- Special events (parties, concerts, auctions, etc.)
- Production sponsorships
- Grants and proposals
- Endowment solicitations
- The Shop
- Program book advertising sales
How To Get Involved
- Make a donation
- Sponsor an event, a show, or an entire season!
- Become a board member
- Marketing and PR
- Special Events
- In the Friends office
Please contact the Friends of SCPA at 513-363-8033 for more information to share your time, talent or treasure.